Sunday, October 16, 2011

Greenflea Market

Last Sunday I stopped by the Greenflea Market on 77th and Columbus. This market has been going on every Sunday for years. I have visited several times since moving to New York (7 years ago Thursday! Happy Anniversary to me!), but it's been quite a while since I was last there. It was interesting to see how much has changed and stayed the same in all this time.

Some highlights from Greenflea:

Churoncalla was a really neat shop with a lot of personality. Jewelery made from Scrabble pieces, license plates, key boards, and old silverware, among other things. I bought a pair of Scrabble earrings. I love them.





Sole`  is a vendor that specializes in jewelry made from old New York City traffic lights. I blogged about this shop once before, but it's just such cool stuff, I thought it deserved another shout. My friend, Lindsey, bought a really beautiful necklace here. I love the chain on it so much.



New York Artifact Art is super cool because they make all of their jewelry and works of art out of artifacts that they personally uncover in construction sites all over the city. It's definitely worth checking out.




Hope you enjoy these as much as I do.



*** Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment