Sunday, October 16, 2011

Stuff I'm Working On

I've been a little lax in the creativity department lately; more so just getting inspiration from what I see from local vendors. However, this is the last bit of jewelry that I made for my friend, Sarabeth.


I really like using silk bead cord instead of a chain (for now, anyway) because it's so lightweight, adds color, and gives a really authentic, handmade look. Knotting a single string over and over again is a lot of work - a surprising amount - and the knotting tool is deadly, but for this I used three strings, each a different color. The added thickness of three strings as opposed to one made the knotting a lot easier, actually, and I really like the added dimension. I think I will be doing this a lot more. Now, I just need to figure out how to use the same technique for earrings!

*** Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment