Thursday, November 3, 2011

BFFN Earrings

Two weekends ago (I know, I'm really slacking here) my BFFN (Best Friend For Now), Jessica came in to the city and we had a jewelry making sleepover! I taught her how to make a pair of earrings. My initial intention with this blog entry was to give a step by step tutorial using photos from our fun lesson, but I realized that it's too complicated to teach online.





The bead choosing process took us a particularly long time. I wouldn't recommend drinking while learning or teaching how to make earrings for the first time.... Meh. Actually, it worked out fine.







Oh yeah, and I made a bracelet for my friend, Sawyer, upon request. There will be more to come. :)


If you think you would be interested in learning how to make jewelry, take a look at Beads of Paradise. They're located at 17th Street and Union Square West. I took their Findings Crash Course in the Spring and it was super fun. It cost me $85 for a 2 hour class, I took home a bracelet, a necklace, and a pair of earrings that I made there, and got to keep all of the extra beads and pieces AND all the tools I needed to continue on my own. You also get a coupon for 25% off your whole first purchase when you come back. I think it was money incredibly well spent.


Also, if you want to bring the wine, I'd be happy to hold another lesson. 




*** Erin










No comments:

Post a Comment